Knowledge Management + Technology : Perfect Recipe for Successful Chatbots
Posted On: June 26, 2017
Service interactions handled through chatbots is a top priority for many telecom operators because of their benefits like better customer experience, human replacement for routine tasks, cost reduction, etc. As per a Forrester finding, the use of virtual agents has jumped from 28% in 2012 to 58% in 2015. This indicates the increase in scope of deploying them for enhanced self-service levels. Apart from the basic technology elements, it is knowledge management that drives a chatbot to the best of its purpose. Having an updated database of knowledge is crucial since answers to customer queries majorly rely on the same. Also, to facilitate human-like conversations, knowledge has to be customized for user understanding.
Understanding the Big Role of Knowledge Management
Knowledge management for a chatbot carries high significance since it improves customer experience. Customer happiness originates from solutions, which come up only if sufficient knowledge is provided to the chatbot. A knowledge base software enables a chatbot to do more than just simply acting as a gateway to FAQs. Through a knowledge base, it delivers a seamless customer experience in the following two ways:
- Giving one right answer, every time: A chatbot backed by a rich knowledge base instantly searches for the right answer handling the bulk of customer questions.
- Personalized interactions: A robust source of curated answers ensures that customers receive personalized and relevant responses. It makes interaction with your chatbot user-friendly.
The Knowledge Framework behind a Chatbot
As telcos need to deliver consistent resolutions across channels, there should be a single unified knowledge framework behind a chatbot. A knowledge framework having NLP based curated content bridges the gap between complex expectations of users and real-time delivery of solutions. With features like probing tool, easy search capability, device database, and support in multiple languages, its integration with the chatbot facilitates delivery of contextual responses to resolve customer queries.
Here are the technological building blocks of a chatbot:
- Front-end interface: It connects the chatbot to websites, e-mail or applications such as Facebook Messenger.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): It helps recognize the user intent by parsing their messages and understanding sentences to take actions.
- Dialogue manager: It maintains the logic in a conversation.
Others among them comprise speech recognition, search, and predictive modelling.
Thus, it is the mix of knowledge management and technology that gets chatbots being put to effective use. KocharTech has a rich knowledge database of smartphones, connected devices, routers, and more that comes handy for telecom operators to make their chatbots efficient. Enriched with interactive visual guides and findability, our knowledge management system ensures efficient chatbot training to make it intelligent. Contact us to know more.